Maryland lottery has various outlets where players can claim their prizes, the reason for the many outlets is because the lottery service provider offers both big and small cash prizes. So players who have won large sums of money amounting to $5,000 can redeem their tickets from the retailers that have been authorized by the agency to run the Expanded Cashing Authority Program.
Players who have won smaller cash prizes that amount to $600, can redeem their prizes from any Maryland retailer located within their locality. Also, concerning the big prize lottery is that the lottery service provider has configured a resource on its website that players can use to filter the results of the location of a businesses that runs the Expanded Cashing Authority program by city.
Alternatively, players also have the option of redeeming their tickets from the main Maryland lottery office, and for tickets whose value exceeds $25,000, they must be claimed at Maryland’s lottery office. Important to note is that once you have claimed your prize, you will have to wait for 30 days for your reward to be processed.
Players can also claim their big prize lottery at the Maryland casinos but at the cashier’s windows; winning tickets with a value of more than $25,000 can claim their tickets at these establishments.
Maryland rules for claiming cash prizes
Players who wish to claim the big prize lottery at the Washington Boulevard must fast make an appointment because walk-ins are not allowed. For this option, Maryland has set up a resource on their website that you can use to easily schedule an appointment.
The winning ticket holders must be of age, and the recommended age by Maryland lottery is 21, this service especially covers players who plan on claiming their big prize lottery from the Maryland casinos.
Players must also remember that with the huge cash prizes comes other extended responsibilities to the state and the service provider such as tax. Thus if you have a huge lottery ticket then you can be sure that tax will be deducted before you even touch a dollar of the prize money.
Also, players who hold tickets that have a value of more than $600 will be required to provide proof of their social security number, they must also carry a photo ID, which will be used to prove that the winning ticket holder is above 18 years of age.
Another important detail that might make you lose out on your prize money and which you should confirm before presenting your ticket to the Maryland lottery casino is that your names are identical on both your photo ID and your Social Security card.
Also, players who want to claim big prize lottery Maryland are highly encouraged to do so at the Maryland lottery headquarters in Baltimore. Additionally, players with the winning tickets can also redeem them through an in-person appointment at the service provider’s claim center located in Montgomery Business Park. Individuals who are having difficulties locating the claim center can log into Maryland’s website and click on the directions resource.
Forms of photo ID’s that Maryland lotteries claim centers accept
Maryland lottery will accept a player’s valid passport, if you have a valid government-issued ID even better. Also, you can use your valid military ID or driver’s license. Initially, we also mentioned that players will need acceptable proof of their SSN but alternatively they can use their Tax ID. Under this option, you could use your health insurance card that has your clearly printed name and social security numbers.
Players will also need an originally signed social security card or a W-2 form. They could also use a pay stub that has been issued by the ticket holder’s employer. If you can’t access all of the above then the last option is to get a 1099 form from your bank or any other financial institution.
Documentation that must be carried to the in-person appointment at the Maryland Lotteries Claim Center
- So the first thing when you leave your home is to carry a face cover because the rules of the claims center dictate that you must wear face coverings before you are allowed to access the building. And also as you present yourself at the customer resource center.
- Don’t leave your home too early because you will not be attended to if you arrive at the claims office, more than five minutes before your appointment time. Also if you arrive at the claims office later than your appointment time and that is as little as five minutes late then you will have to go back and call for another appointment.
- As you leave your home or office be sure to carry at least two forms of identification, and which are your photo ID and your Social Security card.
- If you will be driving to your appointment, you don’t have to worry about parking because there is free parking available in the red lot.
- If by any chance you decide to get a close friend or relative to accompany you then you must know that they will not be allowed to take the elevator to the Maryland lotteries office. However, there is an exception for the physically challenged individuals and who are allowed to at least bring one person with them to the lottery office.
Players who hold the big prize lottery tickets need not worry about their identity being revealed to the public because the Maryland lottery uses the names internally thus players need not worry about being outed. The above, therefore, means that your lottery winnings will only be made public if you consent. Individuals who wish for their Maryland lottery winnings to be made public must, therefore, provide written consent.
How are the Maryland lottery winnings paid out?
The jackpot prizes are paid as an annuity in 25 equal annual installments.
How long does it take for the Maryland lottery cash prize to reflect in my bank account?
Your Maryland lotteries big cash prize will reflect in your bank account after 30 days.